This Vietnamese Beef & Broccoli Stir-Fry recipe is the super quick stir-fry, easy weeknight dinner recipe you’ve been looking for! It only requires a handful of fresh ingredients, the rest all come from the store cupboard and it can be on the table in less than half an hour. Not to mention it is absolutely delicious! Salty, citrus-y, fresh flavours pair perfectly with the beef and broccoli. What are you waiting for?!
Elizabeth Chloe is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
- Step by Step: How to Make Vietnamese Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry
- FAQ: Vietnamese Beef and Broccoli
- Over on Instagram
- You May Also Like…
- Recipe: Vietnamese Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry
Oh hi there!
Me again, swooping in with this week’s simple, seasonal and healthy(ish) offering! This week we’re talking about this Vietnamese Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry recipe!
This is one of those recipes that doesn’t require a lot of thought or action to get it from fridge to table (AKA my favourite kind of meal). All ya gotta do is:
- Prep ingredients.
- Cook steak.
- Cook broccoli.
- Cook sauce.
- Mix it all together and we are donezo.
We’re talking 25 minutes tops! Get it on your weeknight menu for those evenings when putting a tonne of time and effort into dinner just isn’t an appealing option. And yes, eating this for dinner every night IS acceptable.
And that’s just how easy it is, never mind how tasty! Beef and broccoli is a classic combination for sure. Often combined with a thick, salty sauce – which isn’t a bad thing. But this one is a little different…
Along with soy sauce, we’re adding fish sauce for that boost of umami flavour. To balance the saltiness we have a little sugar and then lots of fresh lime juice. Not to mention the fresh flavours of garlic, ginger and coriander. It makes a normally quite heavy dish lighter and zippier. Yep. I said zipper. It’s just SO good guys, so let’s get to it.
Step by Step: How to Make Vietnamese Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry
Time needed: 25 minutes.
- Combine the sauce ingredients
- Cook the beef
Stir-fry the beef with half a tablespoon of oil for 2-3 minutes until cooked through. Set it aside in a bowl.
- Cook the broccoli
Stir-fry the broccoli with half a tablespoon of oil for 2-3 minutes until tender. Set it aside with the beef.
- Cook the garlic and ginger
Cook the garlic and ginger for 1 minute.
- Cook the sauce
- Combine everything together
Add the beef and broccoli back to the wok along with black pepper and the lime juice. Serve with fresh coriander and rice or noodles.
FAQ: Vietnamese Beef and Broccoli
Allow the stir-fry to cool to room temperature for no longer than two hours. Transfer to an air-tight container and store in the fridge for 2-4 days.
Stir-fries are best served freshly cooked for the best flavour and texture, however, they can be reheated should you want to. Add the stir-fry to a hot wok with a little oil and stir-fry for 3-5 minutes until everything is piping hot.
Alternatively, you could reheat in the microwave. Transfer the stir-fry to a microwave-safe container, covered, and heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring halfway through. Ensure everything is piping hot before serving.
As this stir fry contains soy sauce, it is not gluten-free. However, you can swap the soy sauce for tamari for a gluten-free option.
As for the fish sauce, check to make sure you are using a brand that specifically states it is gluten-free.
Rice or noodles are the perfect accompaniment to this Vietnamese Beef and Broccoli recipe. However, you could use any other grain you like, such as quinoa.
Over on Instagram
You May Also Like…
- Peanut Tofu Noodle Bowl Recipe
- Cambodian Amok: A Cambodian Prawn Curry Recipe
- Vietnamese Basil and Coriander Pesto Noodles
- Thai Cashew Chicken Stir-Fry
- Vietnamese Pork Chops from The Spruce Eats
Recipe: Vietnamese Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry
Let me know what you think of this recipe by leaving a rating and a comment!
You can also follow over on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter. Come and say hi and hashtag any recipe snaps with #elizabethchloerecipes.
For a weekly update of new recipes and blog posts, you can subscribe to the
Vietnamese Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry is a great weeknight dinner recipe that can be on the table in less than 25 minutes!
- Combine the soy sauce, fish sauce and sugar in a bowl. Set aside.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of oil to a high heat in a wok. Stir fry the steak for 2-3 minutes until it has browned. Set aside in a bowl.
- Add another 1/2 tablespoon of oil to the wok. Stir fry the broccoli for 2-3 minutes until it is just tender. Remove the broccoli to the bowl with the steak.
- Turn the heat down on the wok and add another 1/2 tablespoon of oil. Stir fry the garlic and ginger for 1-2 minutes until fragrant, then add in the soy sauce, fish sauce and sugar. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the sugar has dissolved and the sauce is bubbling.
- Add the beef and the broccoli back to the wok along with the juice of the lime and the black pepper. Stir until everything is combined, then turn off the heat.
- Serve alongside rice or noodles. Enjoy!
Keywords: Beef and Broccoli, Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry, Vietnamese Beef and Broccoli, Stir-fry recipe