In this recipe, your favourite Greek Salad ingredients – we’re talking cucumber, tomato, red onion, olives and feta – are combined with orzo pasta to make the tastiest Greek Orzo Pasta Salad! This orzo pasta salad can be a quick side dish to whip up for your Summer BBQ or you can meal prep a batch and save it for grab and go lunches!
Elizabeth Chloe is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
- Step by Step: How to Make Greek Orzo Pasta Salad
- FAQ: Greek Orzo Pasta Salad Recipe
- Over on Instagram…
- You May Also Like…
- Greek Orzo Pasta Salad Recipe
So it’s decided. If I cannot bring myself to the Greek Isles, I’ll just bring the Greek Isles to me instead!
Okay, so that might be a little difficult. But by cooking up some of my favourite Mediterranean dishes, I think I can come pretty close. This Greek Orzo Pasta Salad will hopefully have you feeling like you’re splashing around in the Aegean sea in no time.
Typically Greek Salad contains a combination of diced cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, olives and feta cheese and is dressed with an olive oil, red wine vinegar dressing. Not to forget a healthy sprinkling of oregano for good measure. It’s simple. It’s effective. It’s delicious *chefs kiss*
In this recipe we’re adding my favourite pasta, orzo (which is called kritharaki in Greek dontcha know) to make the whole thing a little more substantial. Plus, what food isn’t improved with the addition of pasta?!
Do you still need a little convincing in order to make this recipe? Let me see if I can do that for you.
- It’s ready in like, 15 minutes! In the time your pasta is cooking, make your dressing and chop your other ingredients. Simply drain and rinse the pasta when it’s done then mix it all together et voila!
- It stores really well, making it the ideal make-in-advance side dish or meal-prep lunch.
- It is a great side dish for meats like lamb, chicken, pork or beef or with fish such as salmon or mackerel. You could also throw some prawns in there for good measure!
- But it is also substantial enough to eat alone. The addition of that orzo pasta means you will be fuller for longer, so it’s the perfect fuel for a workday.
- We’re using less than 10 ingredients! And half of them (olive oil, red wine vinegar, dried oregano, orzo and a lil salt and pep) are already in your store cupboard right now.
- If you grow your own veg you’re likely to have tomatoes, cucumber and red onions growing in the Summer months, poised and ready to dive straight into this salad!
Step by Step: How to Make Greek Orzo Pasta Salad
Time needed: 15 minutes.
- Cook the orzo
Cook your orzo pasta in salted water as per packet instructions.
- Make the dressing
- Chop your other ingredients
Chop the cucumber, tomato, red onion, olives and feta and add them to the bowl with the dressing. When the orzo is cooked rinse it, drain it and add it to the bowl.
- Toss everything together
Toss everything together until it is well mixed and serve!
FAQ: Greek Orzo Pasta Salad Recipe
Store this pasta salad in Tupperware containers, in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Some things that go really well with this dish are:
Some good crusty bread!
Orzo isn’t gluten free, but you can get gluten free versions of this little pasta. Alternatively you could use your favourite gluten free pasta or substitute rice.
Over on Instagram…
You May Also Like…
- Slow Roast Pepper and Tomato Pasta
- Lentil and Courgette Salad with Chimichurri Dressing
- Easy Bell Pepper Rice Salad
- Honey, Lemon and Dill Salmon with Asparagus
- Greek Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki from The Mediterranean Dish
Greek Orzo Pasta Salad Recipe
Let me know what you think of this recipe by leaving a rating and a comment!
You can also follow over on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter. Come and say hi and hashtag any recipe snaps with #elizabethchloerecipes.
For a weekly update of new recipes and blog posts, you can subscribe to the
Greek salad is combined with orzo pasta to make this delicious Greek Orzo Pasta Salad! Ready in just 15 minutes, this dish can be served as a main meal or as a simple side dish for meat or fish.
- Cook the orzo in salted water as per packet instructions.
- Add the olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper to a bowl and whisk together.
- Add the tomatoes, cucumber, olives, red onion and feta cheese to the dressing.
- Once cooked, drain the orzo and rinse under cold water.
- Add the orzo to the bowl. Toss everything together. Serve and enjoy!
This recipe serves 4 people as a main dish or up to 6 people as a side dish.
Keywords: Greek Salad, Pasta Salad, Orzo Pasta Salad, Salad,