This Thai Cashew Chicken Stir-Fry is ideal for a quick and simple weeknight meal, packed with veggies, cashews and chicken it’s also super tasty too!
- 100 grams (3/4 cup) cashews
- 1 tablespoon groundnut oil
- 1 dried chilli or 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 150 grams (2 cup) mushrooms, sliced
- 100 grams (1 cup) baby sweetcorn, cut in half
- 100 grams (1 cup) sugar snap peas
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
Rice or noodles to serve
- Heat a wok over a medium heat. Dry fry the cashews for 1-2 minutes until they are golden brown. Keep a close eye on them to make sure they don’t burn! Remove the cashews from the wok into a bowl.
- Add the groundnut oil to the wok. If using dried chilli stir-fry it for 1-2 minutes in the oil to flavour the oil. Remove the chilli from the wok and add to the bowl with the cashews while leaving the oil in the pan.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high. If using the dried chilli flakes add them to the wok now alongside the garlic and chicken. Stir-fry everything together for 3-5 minutes until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through. Remove from the wok into a bowl.
- Add the onion and pepper to the wok and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Remove from the wok to a bowl.
- Stir-fry the mushrooms in the wok for 3-4 minutes until they have released most of their liquid and begin to take on colour. Remove from the wok to a bowl.
- Finally, add the baby sweetcorn and sugar-snap peas to the wok and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, before adding all of the vegetables, chicken, chilli and cashews back to the pan.
- Add the oyster sauce and soy sauce to the pan and mix everything together. Cook for a further 1-2 minutes until everything is piping hot. Serve on top of rice or noodles and enjoy!
Keywords: Stir Fry Recipes, Thai Recipes, Cashew Chicken Recipe, Asian Recipes, Quick Dinners