Tagliatelle pasta and tender stem broccoli is tossed with smoked bacon, garlic, chilli and lots of parmesan cheese in this delicious broccoli pasta recipe. What’s more, it’s ready in just 20 minutes!
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 150 grams dried tagliatelle pasta
- 1/2 tablespoon oil
- 100 grams smoked bacon lardons
- 200 grams tender stem broccoli, cut into bitesize chunks
- 1/2–1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 50 grams parmesan, grated
- Black pepper to taste
- Handful parsley, chopped
- In a frying pan on a medium heat toast the pine nuts for 1-2 minutes until lightly golden. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Add a big pinch of salt and cook the tagliatelle as per the packet instructions.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan to a medium heat. Add the bacon and fry until crispy, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and chilli to the frying pan and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the broccoli into the pan and toss with the bacon, garlic and chilli. Add in 1/2 cup (120 millilitres) of water from the pasta saucepan. Leave to cook for 3-4 minutes until the broccoli is tender.
- When the pasta is cooked use tongs to transfer it from the saucepan into the frying pan (you can also use a colander but make sure to save the pasta water!). Add 1/4 cup (60 millilitres) of pasta water to the pan and the parmesan. Toss everything together until the parmesan has melted and the sauce is glossy. If the pasta is a little dry add a splash more pasta water to loosen it.
- Toss in the parsley, taste and season with salt and black pepper as desired. Serve in bowls with the pine nuts and more parmesan. Enjoy!
- Because this recipe is ready in such a short space of time, prepping all of your ingredients before you start cooking will allow you to be more efficient, and also will help prevent anything from overcooking because you were still chopping broccoli!
- If you’re using a colander to drain your pasta, add a mug or bowl underneath to catch all that pasta water, that way you will have more than enough to add to the sauce.
Keywords: pasta with broccoli, broccoli pasta, tagliatelle pasta with broccoli, pasta with broccoli and bacon