This simple sweet omelette recipe uses lemon, honey and vanilla to create a filling and flavourful quick breakfast or brunch. Top with yoghurt, pistachios and pomegranate seeds for lots of fresh flavour and texture!
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon honey (plus extra to serve)
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter or vegetable oil
- 1–2 tablespoons plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds
- 2 teaspoons chopped pistachios
- In a bowl whisk together your eggs with the lemon zest, vanilla and honey, until everything is well combined. Wisk for a few extra minutes if you want a fluffier omelette.
- Heat a frying pan to a medium heat with a little butter or oil. Add the eggs to the pan and swirl them around until the bottom of the pan is coated with egg – then leave alone!
- The omelette is done when the egg on top has firmed up, but is not completely dry. If you prefer the egg to be cooked completely on top you can either flip it and cook it for another minute or pop it under a hot grill for 30 seconds.
- Fold the omelette in half and then in half again while still in the pan, then slide it out onto a plate. Serve with your desired toppings. Enjoy!
Keywords: Sweet Omelette, Breakfast Omelette, Lemon Omelette, Quick Breakfast