This recipe for spicy carrot and lentil soup is as easy as it is delicious. Full of carrots, lentils and warming spices this is a nutritious, vegan soup that is perfect on a cold Winter evening!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1–2 teaspoon chilli
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 600 grams carrots, sliced
- 150 grams red lentils
- 1.5 litres vegetable stock
- 1 handful fresh coriander, chopped
- Heat the oil in a pot on a medium heat. Sauté the onion for 5-7 minutes until soft and translucent. Add in the garlic and sauté for a further 1 minute.
- Add in the spices and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add in the carrot, lentils and vegetable stock to the pot. Simmer for 25 minutes until the carrots and lentils are tender.
- Once cooked, use a hand blender to blend the soup until smooth. Alternatively, you could use a stand-alone blender.
- Stir in the chopped coriander. Taste and add salt and pepper as required.
- Serve in bowls with desired garnishes.
Keywords: carrot and lentil soup, carrot soup, lentil soup, vegan soup, carrot and coriander soup