This Autumnal Soup recipe is filled with seasonal butternut squash, celeriac, apple and spices. It is creamy, comforting and vegan too!
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 500g butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 500g celeriac, peeled and diced
- 2 apples (i use Granny Smiths), peeled and diced
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 2 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1-2 tsp dried chili flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Diced apple
- A drizzle of yogurt or creme fraiche
- A sprinkle of chilli flakes
- Heat a large saucepan or crock pot to a medium-low heat. Add the onions and saute for 8-10 minutes until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Add the squash, celeriac, apples, stock, and spices. Simmer for 25-30 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Using a blender or hand blender puree the soup until you reach your desired consistency.
- Taste the soup and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with your desired toppings and a slice of bread and enjoy!
Keywords: Vegetable soup, Butternut Squash Soup, Celeriac Soup, Butternut Squash and Celeriac Soup, Apple Soup, Autumn Soup