A simple pasta recipe, full of slow roasted peppers, tomatoes garlic and shallots. A perfect weeknight meal!
- 200g shallots, skin removed and cut into quarters
- 4–6 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 4 peppers (red, orange and yellow), stem and seeds removed then cut into sixths
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- A few sprigs of thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 200g pasta
- 150g tender-stem broccoli, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 50g goats cheese
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- Pre-heat your over to 180ºc
- Lay the shallots, garlic, half the thyme, 1 tablespoon of oil and a pinch of salt and pepper in the bottom of a roasting dish or oven-proof skillet. Then add the slices of pepper, tomatoes, the remaining thyme, oil and salt and pepper on top. Roast everything in the oven for one hour. The veggies are done when the skins have blistered and taken on colour.
- When the vegetables are nearly done, cook your pasta as per the packet instructions. In the last 4-5 minutes of cooking add the broccoli to the saucepan to cook.
- Drain the pasta and broccoli, reserving 3 tablespoons of pasta water.
- Combine all of the vegetables including their juices with the pasta and broccoli and a squeeze of lemon juice. Test for seasoning.
- Serve the pasta in bowls with goats cheese on top. Alternatively, you can stir the goat’s cheese into the pasta before serving. Enjoy!
Keywords: Roast tomatoes, roast peppers, pepper pasta, vegetarian dinners, meatless Monday