Tikka Masala curry paste adds tonnes of flavour to this simple one-pan weeknight dinner, filled with chicken thighs, cauliflower, green pepper and green beans. Yum!
- 8 chicken thighs, skin on
- 1 head of cauliflower, separated into florets
- 2 green peppers, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp Tikka Masala paste (I use Patak’s Tikka Masala Spice Paste)
- Salt to taste
- 200g green beans
- 2 250g sachets of ready to eat rice (I use Uncle Ben’s Microwave Basmati Rice) ALTERNATIVELY, 240g uncooked basmati rice, cooked as per packet instructions.
- Juice of 1 lime
- Small handful of coriander to garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºc
- In a large roasting tin lay the cauliflower and green pepper.
- Add the chicken thighs to the roasting tray along with the tikka masala paste. Use your hands to smother the paste over the chicken thighs and under their skin. Nestle the chicken thighs in amongst the vegetables, add salt to taste and pop everything in the oven for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes remove the roasting tray from the oven and, using a spoon or baster, baste the chicken thighs with the juices and oils released. Return to the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Remove the roasting tray from the oven and move the chicken thighs to a separate plate. Add the rice to the roasting tray and stir it into the vegetables. Place the green beans onto of the rice and vegetables and nestle the chicken thighs back into the roasting tray. Place everything back into the oven for 5-10 minutes until the green beans are tender and the rice has warmed through.
- To finish squeeze over the lime juice and sprinkle over the coriander. To serve add two chicken thighs and a quarter of the rice and vegetables on a plate. Enjoy!
Keywords: Chicken Tikka Masala, Roast Chicken, Tikka Masala, One Pan Recipe