A healthy breakfast bar recipe, filled with oats, peanut butter and banana, that is quick and easy to make. It’s also suitable for vegans!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 150 grams crunchy peanut butter (I use Whole Earth Crunchy Peanut Butter)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons milk of your choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
- 160 grams oats
- 25 grams peanuts, chopped
- Oil/coconut oil/butter for greasing
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°c.
- Mash the bananas in a bowl, then add the peanut butter, maple syrup, milk, vanilla and salt. Mix everything together.
- Stir the oats and most of the peanuts (leave some to sprinkle on top of the bars) into the mixture until everything is fully combined.
- Grease a 20x25cm baking dish with oil or butter and add the mixture to it, smoothing it out to the edges. Sprinkle on the remaining peanuts.
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes until the top is golden brown. Leave the breakfast bars to cool slightly in the baking dish before turning out onto a cooling rack.
- Once cooled slice into eight slices and store in an airtight container, where they will last for up to a week!
Keywords: Peanut Butter Banana, Breakfast Bar Recipe, On The Go Breakfast, Make Ahead Breakfast