Guys, we made it. The first week of January is just about over, how are we all doing? Is there anyone out there trying Veganuary this month? While I’m not, I am continuing to add more veggie and vegan recipes to my repertoire, and these Peanut Butter Breakfast Bars are no exception!
These little bars are full of oats, peanut butter, banana and some extra peanuts for crunch. Plus a little maple syrup, almond milk and vanilla of course. Super simple to whip up so you’re ready to take on the day.
These are great to make ahead of time, like on a Sunday, so you’ve got a weeks worth of Breakfast Bars ready to go. You’ve then got something to throw in your bag (maybe in some kind of Tupperware, for safety) to save you from spending a small fortune on breakfast at work. I’m looking at you Mike… (p.s love yaaaa).
The other wonderful thing about these is that they’re super versatile. Don’t like peanut butter (I’m not sure why you wouldn’t, but there’s a lot I don’t understand about the world) swap it out for almond butter or maybe cashew butter. Throw in some seasonal fruits: berries over Summer or apples and pears for Autumn. I’m thinking maybe some rhubarb for Spring but that might need a little testing. What I’m saying is that the Breakfast Bar is your oyster. Enjoy!
While we’re here is there anyone out there that has been thinking about starting a blog in 2019? If you have, I’ve got you covered with a couple of really helpful posts. Head over to the ‘How to Start a Blog‘ page to learn how to set up a self hosted blog using SiteGround. Or you could check out the ‘Resources for Food Bloggers‘ page which has a list of some of the most valuable plugins and tools to help you get up and running. Let me know what you think!
If you like this recipe you might also like…
If you try this recipe please let me know by leaving a comment and a rating below!Print
A healthy breakfast bar recipe, filled with oats, peanut butter and banana, that is quick and easy to make. It’s also suitable for vegans!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 150 grams crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons milk of your choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
- 160 grams oats
- 25 grams peanuts, chopped
- Oil/coconut oil/butter for greasing
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°c.
- Mash the bananas in a bowl, then add the peanut butter, maple syrup, milk, vanilla and salt. Mix everything together.
- Stir the oats and most of the peanuts (leave some to sprinkle on top of the bars) into the mixture until everything is fully combined.
- Grease a 20x25cm baking dish with oil or butter and add the mixture to it, smoothing it out to the edges. Sprinkle on the remaining peanuts.
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes until the top is golden brown. Leave the breakfast bars to cool slightly in the baking dish before turning out onto a cooling rack.
- Once cooled slice into eight slices and store in an air tight container, where they will last for up to a week!
Keywords: Peanut Butter Banana, Breakfast Bar Recipe, On The Go Breakfast, Make Ahead Breakfast