Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Bars are a great meal-prep recipe that can be eaten for breakfast or as a snack! These breakfast bars are super simple to throw together and require only 9 ingredients and 40 minutes of your time! Plus they’re kid-friendly too!
Elizabeth Chloe is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
Guys, we made it. The first week of January is just about over, how are we all doing? Is there anyone out there trying Veganuary this month? While I’m not, I am continuing to add more veggie and vegan recipes to my repertoire, and these Peanut Butter Breakfast Bars are no exception!
These little bars are full of oats, peanut butter, banana and some extra peanuts for crunch. Plus a little maple syrup, almond milk and vanilla of course. Super simple to whip up so you’re ready to take on the day.
These are great to make ahead of time, like on a Sunday, so you’ve got a weeks worth of Breakfast Bars ready to go. You’ve then got something to throw in your bag (maybe in some kind of Tupperware, for safety) to save you from spending a small fortune on breakfast at work.
The other wonderful thing about these is that they’re super versatile. Don’t like peanut butter (I’m not sure why you wouldn’t, but there’s a lot I don’t understand about the world) swap it out for almond butter or maybe cashew butter. Throw in some seasonal fruits: berries over Summer or apples and pears for Autumn. I’m thinking maybe some rhubarb for Spring but that might need a little testing. What I’m saying is that the Breakfast Bar is your oyster. Enjoy!
Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Bar FAQ
Store the bars in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to one week.
Why you should make these breakfast bars:
- The bars need only 9 ingredients that you almost definitely have in the house already!
- They’re super easy to make. Mash everything together, pop it in an oven dish then chuck it in the oven. Bob’s
- All of the above means they would be great to make, not only for the kids, but with the kids. With a little supervision, they can undertake almost all of the steps. Fun!
- These breakfast bars will last for up to a week in the fridge, so they’re great for meal-prepping.
More breakfast recipes for you to make…
- Breakfast Parfait with Yoghurt and Toasted Oats
- Nut-Free Quinoa Granola
- Mango Raspberry Smoothie Bowl
- Quick and Simple Raspberry Flax Seed Jam
- Vegan Salted Peanut Butter Crunch Torte from Oh She Glows
Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Bars
Let me know what you think of this recipe by leaving a rating and a comment!
You can also follow over on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter. Come and say hi and hashtag any recipe snaps with #elizabethchloerecipes.
For a weekly update of new recipes and blog posts, you can subscribe to the
Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Bar Recipe
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 8 slices 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
A healthy breakfast bar recipe, filled with oats, peanut butter and banana, that is quick and easy to make. It’s also suitable for vegans!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 150 grams crunchy peanut butter (I use Whole Earth Crunchy Peanut Butter)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons milk of your choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
- 160 grams oats
- 25 grams peanuts, chopped
- Oil/coconut oil/butter for greasing
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°c.
- Mash the bananas in a bowl, then add the peanut butter, maple syrup, milk, vanilla and salt. Mix everything together.
- Stir the oats and most of the peanuts (leave some to sprinkle on top of the bars) into the mixture until everything is fully combined.
- Grease a 20x25cm baking dish with oil or butter and add the mixture to it, smoothing it out to the edges. Sprinkle on the remaining peanuts.
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes until the top is golden brown. Leave the breakfast bars to cool slightly in the baking dish before turning out onto a cooling rack.
- Once cooled slice into eight slices and store in an airtight container, where they will last for up to a week!
Keywords: Peanut Butter Banana, Breakfast Bar Recipe, On The Go Breakfast, Make Ahead Breakfast
Update Information: New affiliate links and FAQ
Leave a Comment