Lamb burgers are the perfect addition to your Summer BBQ! This easy lamb burger recipe uses mustard, parsley and spinach to add lots of extra flavour and can be cooked on the grill, in a pan or in the oven – whichever is easiest! As for the lamb burger toppings, we’ve got a super simple mint yoghurt sauce. Garnish the burgers with a little lettuce and tomato and you’re good to go!
Hands up if you love a burger?!
Good, i’m glad we got that straightened out, because this Mustard Lamb Burger is so good, you’re gonna love it.
These days if you go almost anywhere you’re likely to find some kind of burger on the menu. 99% of the time
Once you’ve cooked these Mustard Lamb Burgers to juicy perfection it’s up to you what you want to do with them. Burger buns are the obvious answer, but I’ve also seen people do some pretty interesting things with collard greens and portobello mushrooms instead of bread. The only thing I will say is that you should serve them with some homemade fries because thems the rules 🤷♀️
Can I use something else instead of lamb?
Of course! Pork would be great with the mustard and parsley, as would beef. I’ve gone for lamb in this burger as it is something different that you don’t often see. But any minced meat will work.
What is the best way to cook these burgers?
For the ultimate golden brown crust you’re going to want to cook them in a frying pan or on a bbq grill at a nice hot temperature. Alternatively you can cook them under a grill (broiler for my American pals). Preheat the grill to 200ºc and place your burgers on a wire rack. When the grill is hot enough place the burgers underneath for 4-5 minutes, then flip and cook for another 4-5 minutes until the burgers are cooked though.
If you like this recipe you might also like…
- Slow-Cooked Lamb Shanks with Spiced Chickpea Stew
- Simple Mustard Lentil Stew Recipe
- Lentil and Courgette Salad with Chimichurri Dressing
- Crispy Chicken Burger with Honey Mustard Coleslaw from Kitchen Sanctuary
Lamb Burgers with Mustard & Spinach
Let me know what you think of this recipe by leaving a rating and a comment!
You can also follow over on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter. Come and say hi and hashtag any recipe snaps with #elizabethchloerecipes.
For a weekly update of new recipes and blog posts, you can subscribe to the
These Mustard Lamb Burgers are perfect for Summer! Juicy lamb burgers are flavoured with mustard and spinach then topped with mint yoghurt.
For the Lamb Burgers
- 500g lean minced lamb
- 3tbsp Dijon mustard
- 10g parsley, finely chopped
- 50g spinach, finely chopped
- 1tsp salt
- 1tsp pepper
- 1tbsp olive oil
For the Mint Yoghurt
- 100g natural yoghurt
- 10g mint, finely chopped
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Buns, lettuce, tomato
- Homemade chips
To make the burgers
- Combine all of the burger ingredients, except the oil, in a bowl and mix together thoroughly using your hands.
- Shape the mixture into 4 burgers, approximately 1.5cms in height.
- Heat the olive oil to a medium-high heat in a frying pan OR if cooking on a barbecue brush the burgers with a little bit of oil.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, until the crust is golden brown.
For the yoghurt
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl
- Serve the burgers on buns with lettuce and tomato (if desired) and then top with the mint yoghurt. Enjoy!
- The nutritional info does not include the buns or sides.
Keywords: Lamb Burgers, Lamb Recipes, Healthy Burger Recipe, Grill Recipe, Summer Burger