Minted pea purée is slathered on sourdough toast, then topped with fresh prawns, a crumble of feta cheese and a few pomegranate seeds to make this simple but flavourful tartine recipe!
- 200 grams frozen or fresh peas
- 20 mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Juice of half a lemon
- 4 slices of sourdough bread, toasted
- 20 cooked king prawns
- Feta cheese, crumbled
- Pomegranate seeds
- Add the peas to a saucepan and cover with boiling water. Bring to a boil on the stove, then simmer for 3-4 minutes until the peas tender. In the last 30 seconds of cooking, add the mint leaves.
- Drain the water from the peas and mint, then transfer them to a blender or food processor with the olive oil, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Blend the peas until puréed. Alternatively, you could return the drained peas to the saucepan with the other ingredients and use a handheld blender to purée the peas.
- Dived the pea purée equally between the slices of sourdough toast and spread in an even layer.
- Top each tartine with 5 prawns.
- Finally, crumble on the feta cheese and a sprinkling of pomegranate seeds. Serve and enjoy!
Keywords: Minted Pea Puree, Pea Puree Recipe, Tartine Recipe, Pea Puree, Tartine,