One-pan Mediterranean Chicken and Orzo Bake! Crispy roasted chicken thighs are cooked with lemon, garlic, orzo, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach and basil for a super easy and tasty dinner.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 chicken thighs, skin on and bone-in
- Salt & pepper
- 1/2 lemon, cut into 4 wedges
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 250 grams orzo pasta
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 500 millilitres chicken stock
- 100 grams spinach
- 10 grams basil, chopped
- Juice of half a lemon
- Into the roasting tray add the chicken thighs and lemon wedges. Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper and place in the oven for 20 minutes, basting halfway through.
- Once the chicken skin has begun to brown and crisp up, remove the chicken thighs to a plate briefly while you add the garlic, orzo, sundried tomatoes and chicken stock to the roasting dish along. Give everything a good stir. Then place the chicken thighs back into the roasting dish. Cook for 10 minutes until most of the liquid has been absorbed and the orzo is cooked through.
- Once both the chicken and orzo are cooked through, remove the chicken thighs from the roasting dish to a plate and stir the spinach and basil into the orzo. Leave for a few moments while the residual heat wilts the spinach.
- Optional: Pull the chicken meat from the bones while you wait for the spinach to wilt.
- Squeeze in the lemon juice then taste and add any additional salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken thighs back to the pan, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: Chicken Orzo, Chicken and orzo, Mediterranean chicken orzo, Chicken orzo lemon, Chicken orzo recipe,