These homemade BBQ beans are made entirely from store cupboard ingredients and can be ready in just 30 minutes! They’re the perfect vegan comfort food and great for weeknight dinners.
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke (I use Stubb’s Hickory Liquid Smoke)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 3 tablespoons tomato puree
- 60 millilitres soy sauce
- 80 millilitres cider vinegar
- 80 millilitres maple syrup
- 500 millilitres water
- 2 400 gram tins mixed beans in water, drained
- Salt, to taste
- Jacket potatoes or Sweet potatoes
- Cheese (vegan or dairy)
- Add all of the ingredients, except the beans, into a casserole pot. Mix everything together.
- Turn the heat on and bring everything to a boil for 2 minutes, then reduce the heat to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the beans and simmer further for 10-15 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Taste and add salt as required.
- Serve the beans over jacket potatoes and enjoy!
Keywords: Homemade BBQ Beans, Homemade BBQ Beans Recipe, BBQ Beans Recipe, Easy Beans Recipe, Vegan Comfort Food, Weeknight Dinner