This crustless quiche recipe is packed with spinach, feta cheese, onions and garlic as well as a little lemon zest and nutmeg for added flavour. Plus it’s topped with pine nuts for extra crunch!
- 2 tablespoons oil or butter
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 200 grams spinach
- 3 eggs
- 300 millilitres single cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch salt
- Pinch pepper
- 150 grams feta cheese, crumbled
- 25 grams pine nuts
Preheat your oven to 180 degrees centigrade.
- In a frying pan heat 1 tablespoon of oil or butter on a medium-low heat. Add the onion and gently fry for 10 minutes until soft and beginning to caramelise. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute. Then remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- In a second pan heat the remaining oil or butter to a medium heat, then sauté the spinach for 2 minutes until wilted. Remove from the heat and leave to cool. Once cooled use your hands to squeeze out any excess liquid.
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs, cream, nutmeg, salt and pepper until completely combined.
- Grease your pie dish with oil or butter. Then layer the onions, spinach and feta into the dish, leaving a third of the feta to sprinkle on top.
- Pour the egg mixture over the spinach and onions. Then sprinkle the remaining crumbled feta on top followed by the pine nuts.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes until the egg has completely set. If it appears to be burning, cover it with tin foil. The quiche is done when it is no longer wobbly in the centre. Leave to cool slightly then you can either serve straight from the dish or transfer to a plate. Eat hot or cold.
Keywords: crustless quiche, vegetarian quiche, spinach quiche, spinach and feta quiche, quiche with spinach and feta