Here’s the thing about breakfast, despite the fact I almost always crave something savoury to start my day, I will 99% of the time go sweet. Porridge oats, granola, yoghurt, they’re almost always knocking about in the cupboard or fridge and they’re ready to go in five minutes. Job done. Belly full. Bring on the day. HOWEVER every now and again I’ll have a little more time, or a little more motivation or just an unbearable craving for a savoury breakfast. And this Chorizo, Avocado and Egg Toast fits the bill. EVERY. TIME.
Avocado toast is kind of the King of breakfast at the moment, and for good reason. All of those ingredients together will give you a good mix of healthy fats, protein and carbs, as well as a well needed dose of fibre. What’s not to love? Well, me being me (greedy and indulgent), I wanted more. And thus, Chorizo, Avocado and Egg Toast was born!
Chorizo has to be one of my favourite foods. You don’t need much for it to add a huge amount of flavour to a recipe. Not to mention it’s crispy, chewy texture completely changes the avo toast game. Winning. This recipe is ideal for a lazy Sunday morning. So hop out of bed, get out a nice big frying pan and get cracking. Throw in a big cup of coffee and you’re onto a winning brunch.
What can I use instead of chorizo?
Anything you fancy in short! A little bit of bacon would give you a similar results. Equally smoked salmon would be super tasty or go veggie and add some crumbled feta or pan-fried mushrooms.
Let me know if you try this recipe or if you have any questions in the comments!Print
This chorizo, avocado and egg toast is ideal for your Sunday morning brunch. Hop out of bed, grab a frying pan and get cracking!
- 1 avocado, skin and stone removed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 100g chorizo, diced
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 eggs
- Mash the avocado with the garlic, lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Heat a frying pan on a medium-high heat with a splash of oil.
- Add the chorizo to the pan and cook for 3-5 minutes until the chorizo is crispy.
- While the chorizo is cooking toast your bread.
- Turn the heat down to medium and move the chorizo to the side of the pan.
- Crack the eggs into the pan and cook until the egg white has completely set.
- To serve, spread the avocado mixture over your toast then top with an egg and half the chorizo. Enjoy!
Keywords: Avocado Toast, Avocado Recipes, Brunch Recipes, Breakfast Recipes, Avocado and Egg Toast