Avocado toast with eggs and crispy chorizo is the ultimate fancy brunch idea! Chorizo adds tonnes of flavour to an already winning combination of fried eggs and avocado toast. The eggs and chorizo are cooked in the same pan, meaning the eggs cook in the flavoursome oil released by the chorizo. Add some fiery chilli flakes on top and this avocado toast brunch recipe is sure to get people talking!
Elizabeth Chloe is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
Here’s the thing about breakfast, despite the fact I almost always crave something savoury to start my day, I will 99% of the time go sweet. Porridge oats, granola, yoghurt, they’re almost always knocking about in the cupboard or fridge and they’re ready to go in five minutes. Job done. Belly full. Bring on the day. HOWEVER every now and again I’ll have a little more time, or a little more motivation or just an unbearable craving for a savoury breakfast. And this Chorizo, Avocado and Egg Toast fits the bill. EVERY. TIME.
Avocado toast is kind of the King of breakfast at the moment, and for good reason. All of those ingredients together will give you a good mix of healthy fats, protein and carbs, as well as a well needed dose of fibre. What’s not to love? Well, me being me (greedy and indulgent), I wanted more. And thus, Chorizo, Avocado and Egg Toast was born!
Chorizo has to be one of my favourite foods. You don’t need much for it to add a huge amount of flavour to a recipe. Not to mention it’s crispy, chewy texture completely changes the avo toast game. Winning. This recipe is ideal for a lazy Sunday morning. So hop out of bed, get out a nice big frying pan and get cracking. Throw in a big cup of coffee and you’re onto a winning brunch.
What can I use instead of chorizo?
Anything you fancy in short! A little bit of bacon would give you a similar results. Equally smoked salmon would be super tasty or go veggie and add some crumbled feta or pan-fried mushrooms.
If you like this recipe you might also like…
- Easy Shakshuka Recipe with Chorizo and Kale
- Chorizo Stew with Butter Beans
- Pan-Fried Sea Bass with Chorizo and Lentils
- Easy Chorizo Quesadilla with Summer Vegetables
- Whole Wheat French Toast from Tasty
Egg and Avocado Toast with Crispy Chorizo
Let me know what you think of this recipe by leaving a rating and a comment!
You can also follow over on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter. Come and say hi and hashtag any recipe snaps with #elizabethchloerecipes.
For a weekly update of new recipes and blog posts, you can subscribe to the
Chorizo, Avocado & Egg on Toast
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: American
This chorizo, avocado and egg toast is ideal for your Sunday morning brunch. Hop out of bed, grab a frying pan and get cracking!
- 1 avocado, skin and stone removed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 100g chorizo, diced
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 eggs
- Mash the avocado with the garlic, lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Heat a frying pan on a medium-high heat with a splash of oil.
- Add the chorizo to the pan and cook for 3-5 minutes until the chorizo is crispy.
- While the chorizo is cooking toast your bread.
- Turn the heat down to medium and move the chorizo to the side of the pan.
- Crack the eggs into the pan and cook until the egg white has completely set.
- To serve, spread the avocado mixture over your toast then top with an egg and half the chorizo. Enjoy!
Keywords: Avocado Toast, Avocado Recipes, Brunch Recipes, Breakfast Recipes, Avocado and Egg Toast
This is a great breakfast but would make a lovely lunch too.
Thank you, I’m glad you enjoyed it 😊