Whole-wheat tortillas are filled with crispy chorizo, corn, peppers, spring onions and gooey cheese to make these quick and easy quesadillas.
- 200g chorizo, diced
- 150g corn
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 6 spring onions, diced
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 100g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tomato, seeds removed and diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 whole-wheat tortillas
- Pre-heat your grill/broiler on a high heat.
- Spread the chorizo, corn, bell pepper and spring onions on a baking tray and season with the ground pepper.
- Put the baking tray under the grill for 6-8 minutes until golden brown, turning halfway through.
- Remove the baking tray from the grill and leave to cool for a few minutes. Then, either on the baking tray or in a separate bowl, mix in the cheddar cheese, tomato and lime juice.
- Lay out your tortillas. Equally divided the filling between the tortillas, spreading it in an even layer on one half of the tortilla. Then fold the other half over.
- Pre-heat a frying pan to a medium heat. Pan fry the quesadillas individually for 3-4 minutes either side until the tortilla is golden brown and crisp. Keep the quesadillas warm while you cook the rest.
- Serve with salad and a dipping sauce like guacamole or salsa and enjoy!
Keywords: Quesadilla Recipe, Chorizo Quesadilla, Healthy Quesadilla, Healthy Mexican Recipes,