This Chorizo and Butter Bean Stew is a taste of Spain – full of chorizo, red wine, butter beans, tomatoes, red pepper and onion.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200g chorizo, sliced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 400g tin butter beans, liquid drained
- 300ml red wine
- 1 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 250mls stock
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt & pepper to taste
Serve with green salad and slices of crusty bread.
- Heat the oil over a medium heat in a casserole pot or frying pan, then fry the chorizo in the pan for 3-5 minutes until it is crispy.
- Add the onion and red pepper to the pan and sauté for 5 minutes until the vegetables have taken on some colour and have softened.
- Add the garlic and butter beans and sauté for one minute.
- Pour the red wine into the dish, bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes until the liquid has reduced by half.
- Mix in the tinned tomatoes, stock and bay leaves and leave the dish to simmer on a medium-low heat for 25-30 minutes.
- When the stew has thickened, taste it and add salt and pepper as required.
- Serve the stew in bowls with salad and some slices of crusty bread to dunk. Enjoy!
Keywords: Chorizo Stew, Butterbean Stew, Spanish Recipes, Chorizo Recipes, Spanish Stew, Spanish Chorizo Stew, Chorizo and Butterbean Stew