This Chimichurri Courgette Salad recipe would be great for your next barbecue. Ideal as a side to grilled meats or just on its own!
For the chimichurri dressing
- 30g parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano, finely chopped OR 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 120mls olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
For the salad
- 2 courgettes
- 1 400g tin green lentils, liquid drained
- Handful spinach, roughly chopped
- To make the chimichurri: mix the parsley, oregano, garlic, chilli and salt with the olive oil and red wine vinegar. I like to put it all in a jar and shake it up to mix it well.
- Leave the dressing to sit for at least half an hour to allow the flavours to release into the oil and create a really flavoursome chimichurri.
- To make the salad: Use a vegetable peeler (I swear by the OXO Good Grips Y Peeler)to peel the courgette into thin strips, discarding the core. Add in the lentils and spinach and 2-3 tablespoons of the chimichurri dressing. Toss everything together and serve with grilled meat or fish, or just enjoy it on its own!
- This salad is best eaten immediately to avoid the courgette becoming soggy.
- Extra Chimichurri can be stored in an air tight container for up to two weeks.
Keywords: Chimichurri Courgette Salad, Courgette Salad, Chimichurri Recipe, Summer Salad, Side Salad