This easy remoulade recipe is full of seasonable vegetables to help you get your 5-a-day. Served alongside pan-fried trout, it is such a simple recipe but so tasty!
- 4 tablespoons thick, plain yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 100 grams parsnip, grated
- 100 grams celeriac, grated
- 100 grams white cabbage leaves, shredded
- 1/2 tablespoon oil
- 2 trout fillets, skin on
To serve (optional)
- Boiled new potatoes
- Green salad
- Lemon wedges
- Chopped parsley
- Heat a frying pan on a medium-high heat with the oil. Season the trout fillets with salt and then add them to the pan, skin side down. Leave undisturbed for 4-5 minutes until the skin is crispy and the edges of the fish are beginning to cook. While the fish is cooking prepare the remoulade.
- In a mixing bowl combine the yoghurt, Dijon mustard, wholegrain mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Add in the grated/shredded vegetables and stir them into the yoghurt mixture until everything is evenly coated. Set aside.
- When the fish skin is crispy, flip the fish over and cook for a further 2 minutes. The fish is cooked when the flesh is light pink, opaque and easily flaked.
- Serve the remoulade on a plate with the trout fillets and any additional sides. Enjoy!
Keywords: Pan fried Trout, Trout Filled, Celeriac Remoulade, Remoulade recipe