Bulgur wheat, spinach, pine nuts and raisins are tossed with a fragrant caramelised shallot dressing to make this simple vegan side dish!
- Cook the bulgur wheat as per the packet instructions. Once cooked drain and set aside to cool a little.
- In a frying pan heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil to a medium-low heat, then add the shallots and fry for 10 minutes until soft and golden.
- While the shallots are cooking toast the pine nuts in a separate frying pan for 1-2 minutes until they begin to turn golden brown.
- Once the shallots are soft and golden add the spices to the pan and fry for 30 seconds before transferring everything to a bowl. Leave to cool slightly then add in the lemon juice and remaining olive oil. This is your dressing.
- Add the spinach, herbs, pine nuts, cooked bulgur wheat and raisins to the bowl with the dressing and toss everything together.
- Serve and enjoy!
Keywords: bulgur salad, bulgur wheat salad, spinach salad, spinach pine nuts and raisins, vegan salad