Layers of yogurt, fruit and toasted oats make up this tasty breakfast parfait! It’s a quick and easy breakfast recipe to throw together, even on a busy morning. Plus, using a few simple swaps, it can be made vegan!
For the toasted oats
- 120 grams porridge oats
- 15 grams butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
For the breakfast parfait
- 400 grams Greek yogurt
- Fruit, such as Roasted Rhubarb
- Flaked almonds to serve (optional)
To make the toasted oats:
- Add your porridge oats to a frying pan or cast iron frying pan and turn on to a medium heat.
- Toast the oats for 5-7 minutes until the become golden brown and give off a nutty aroma.
- Add the butter and honey and stir regularly until the butter has melted and the oats are evenly coated in butter and honey. Turn off the heat.
- Leave aside to cool for 5 minutes while you prepare the remaining ingredients for the parfait.
For the parfait
- Set out 4 jars or bowls. Add two heaped tablespoons of yogurt to the bottom of the jar.
- Add a layer of fruit to each jar, then a layer of toasted oats.
- Repeat this so you have 6 layers in total. Sprinkle with flaked almonds.
- Serve and enjoy!
Keywords: Breakfast Parfait, Breakfast Parfait with Yogurt, Toasted Oats, Easy Breakfast Recipe