This Breakfast Parfait with Yogurt and Toasted Oats is so quick and simple to throw together, even on a busy morning. You can use whatever fruit is in season, so it’s adaptable to any time of the year and any tastebuds! This easy breakfast recipe is vegetarian but could be made vegan in a snap.
I think there is only so much porridge you can eat in Winter. Yes, it is warming, comforting and almost perfect in every way but after a while, I kind of just want more texture. A little bit more crunch, something a little lighter, something like this Breakfast Parfait with yogurt!
While the Roasted Rhubarb I made last week is a perfect porridge topper, I wanted to change things up a little bit. My inspiration for this parfait actually started with the Scottish Cranachan – layers of raspberries with toasted oats and whiskey cream. INCREDIBLE. But maybe not for breakfast. That morning commute could be an interesting one after some whiskey cream…
Instead, we have plain Greek
Can you make Breakfast Parfait ahead of time?
Yes! These will last 2-3 days in the fridge, but the toasted oats will lose some of their crunch.
Instead, I would prepare everything separately – chop your fruit, prepare the toasted oats and portion out the
Creating the parfaits when you’re ready to eat them means the toasted oats will still have great texture and they will be ready in minutes.
How to make this Breakfast Parfait vegan
Swap out the Greek yogurt for:
- Coconut yogurt
- Soy yogurt
- Cashew yogurt
- Almond yogurt
- Or your favourite dairy-free alternative!
The Toasted Oats
These toasted oats are cooked in honey and butter.
Swap out the honey for:
- Maple syrup
- Date syrup
- Brown rice syrup
- Agave syrup
Swap the butter for:
- Vegan butter
- Coconut oil
I use roasted rhubarb which is roasted with some honey. You could make this recipe vegan by roasting the rhubarb with one of the vegan sweeteners mentioned above, or just use whichever fresh fruit you enjoy!
How to toast oats
- Add your porridge oats to a frying pan and turn the heat on to medium.
2. Stirring regularly, toast the oats for 5-7 minutes until they are golden brown. Keep a close eye on them so they don’t burn.
3. Add the butter and honey to the pan and allow the butter to melt.
4. Stir everything together until the oats are evenly coated in melted butter and honey. Leave to cool.
How to make the breakfast parfait with yogurt
- Add a layer of yogurt to the bottom of a jar or bowl.
2. Spoon on a layer of fruit.
3. Add a layer of toasted oats.
4. Repeat the layers of yogurt, fruit and toasted oats and finish with some flaked almonds.
Other Easy Breakfast Recipes you’ve gotta try:
- Mango Raspberry Smoothie Bowl
- Quick and Simple Raspberry Flax Jam
- Roasted Rhubarb with Honey and Ginger
- Peanut Butter Breakfast Bars
- Nut-Free Quinoa Seed Granola
You may also need…
Elizabeth Chloe is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
Breakfast Parfait with Yogurt and Toasted Oats
Let me know if you try this recipe by leaving a rating and a comment! You can also take a photo and hashtag #elizabethchloerecipes over on Instagram. Come say hi!Print
Layers of yogurt, fruit and toasted oats make up this tasty breakfast parfait! It’s a quick and easy breakfast recipe to throw together, even on a busy morning. Plus, using a few simple swaps, it can be made vegan!
For the toasted oats
- 120 grams porridge oats
- 15 grams butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
For the breakfast parfait
- 400 grams Greek yogurt
- Fruit, such as Roasted Rhubarb
- Flaked almonds to serve (optional)
To make the toasted oats:
- Add your porridge oats to a frying pan or cast iron frying pan and turn on to a medium heat.
- Toast the oats for 5-7 minutes until the become golden brown and give off a nutty aroma.
- Add the butter and honey and stir regularly until the butter has melted and the oats are evenly coated in butter and honey. Turn off the heat.
- Leave aside to cool for 5 minutes while you prepare the remaining ingredients for the parfait.
For the parfait
- Set out 4 jars or bowls. Add two heaped tablespoons of yogurt to the bottom of the jar.
- Add a layer of fruit to each jar, then a layer of toasted oats.
- Repeat this so you have 6 layers in total. Sprinkle with flaked almonds.
- Serve and enjoy!
Keywords: Breakfast Parfait, Breakfast Parfait with Yogurt, Toasted Oats, Easy Breakfast Recipe