About the blog
‘Elizabeth Chloe’ was launched in July 2018 as a food blog sharing all sorts of delicious and healthy recipes. Most of my most cherished memories involve food, whether they be specific recipes or events. I think food is a powerful tool that brings us together, and this blog is my small contribution to that. Food and cooking is my passion and my relationship with both has changed a lot over the years. These days the things I cook loosely follow this philosophy:
- To create simple recipes – my recipes are not aimed towards a specific diet or trend. Nor are they fussy or confusing. Just delicious, straightforward recipes with simple ingredients, using simple techniques.
- With seasonality in mind – gathering inspiration from the seasonal produce around us to create recipes that taste great.
- More plant focused – knowing that we don’t get enough fruit and veg in our diets, I aim to create recipes that incorporate more fruit and veg, while reducing (and in some recipes, completely eliminating) things like meat, fish and dairy.
- Healthy(ish) – Healthy food means something different to everyone. For me it means trying to incorporate lots of fruit, veg and other nourishing ingredients but sometimes it also means adding in things like chocolate or cheese – restricting foods is no fun.
- Something for everyone – my blog doesn’t have a specific niche. I love cooking and eating lots of different things and that is reflected in the recipes I post. If there’s something you would love to see on the blog, let me know!
My name is Lizzie, I’m an Intensive Care Nurse turned food blogger. I live with my boyfriend and head recipe taster, Mike, and our cat and fluffy stress ball, Puss. We’re based in Manchester at the moment, although in the last year we’ve lived in both Nottingham and West Sussex. When I’m not blogging I love eating out (Tapas and red wine makes me weaaaakkk), eating in (hi take out pizza), playing video games (Skyrim and Witcher 3 on repeat) and watching horror films (please send me suggestions). I haven’t found a form of exercise that I truly enjoy, but I’m working on it. I also love to travel but I don’t do it even half as much as I’d like.
I hope you enjoy what you find here on Elizabeth Chloé. This blog has been a dream of mine for a very long time and I’m really excited to share it with you. You can also find me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest so do come and say hi. And if you’re really loving it, subscribe to my email list to get weekly emails with recipes!